Who Is The Obvious Choice To Do Business With In Your Industry And Market?
Shea / 12 August / Comments Off on Who Is The Obvious Choice To Do Business With In Your Industry And Market? / 357
Become The Obvious Choice
Google the industry you are in and the majority of websites will look the same. It’s not that they are badly done; in fact, they all look vaguely generic. You click on a site and once you scroll through the platitudes, which you blithely ignore, you lose interest and click back to the search results. Why? Because they have not become the obvious choice to do business with.
The marketplace is filled with companies just like yours. “Seen one and you’ve seen them all,” your customer thinks as they comb through the search results. It’s frustrating, especially when you know that your business is truly better than the rest. So how can you stand out from the crowd, to become the obvious choice to do business with?
Most decisions are made via an emotional connection, with potential customers choosing who they will do business with based on likability. If they do not like the person or product, they will often choose a big name-brand company because it is easier than searching for something else. They don’t mind holding their nose when they’re swiping their credit card if they don’t have to think about it. Instead of losing money to a company your customers don’t even care for, become the obvious choice to do business with.
Become The Obvious Choice to do Business With
So how can your business stand out in this ocean of mediocrity? It does not matter what service or product you are marketing; if you do not engage in effective promotion your message will continue to be lost at sea amongst the other drowning businesses.
- Sell yourself. People make the majority of their decisions based on how they feel about a person or product. One of the easiest ways to accomplish this is to truly care about your customers and the product they are spending their hard earned dollars on. When you love what you do it shows you will become the obvious choice to do business with.
- With a laser-like focus, you need to show that you have your customer’s wants and needs in mind with every bit of written material, product produced, and every personal interaction you have. Become the obvious choice to do business with by realizing you will BE out of business without them.
- Become the obvious choice to do business with by providing exceptional customer service. Many businesses struggle with keeping their clients happy. When you go above and beyond the call of duty for each and every B2B or B2C transaction you will reap numerous rewards.
- You are an expert in your field, and if you are not you need to become one. Consumers want to spend money if they know it will provide them the results they desire, and they do not want to spend money on anything less than what they feel is the very best. Become the obvious choice to do business with by your expertise.
- Consistently providing an excellent product or service and experiences to your customers will help you become the obvious choice to do business with. It is easier to retain customers by providing the results they have come to expect. The one time that you do not live up to their expectations is how you will lose their business. While this does not seem very fair, it is the truth.
- Become the obvious choice to do business with by listening, truly hearing what your customers have to say. When they feel ignored they will ignore you and spend their money elsewhere. Listening to their wants and needs will also give you a competitive advantage over other businesses. Instead of scrambling to find out what your customers really want you will already know.
- Your customers want to trust you, and when they do they will show their appreciation in countless ways, especially through referrals. Be honest and ethical in every dealing that you have, and you will become the obvious choice to do business with.
Simply put, in order to become the obvious choice to do business with you must be someone that YOU would want to do business with. Why do you always go to a certain restaurant or use the same plumbing service? Those businesses have become the obvious choice to do business with by following the advice outlined above.
What else? What other strategies or ideas do you think should be included?